SIM-PQR

The Home of the Mighty Sim Roman Empire.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Annoyance Strikes Again

I am swearing off the no CD hack, I'll just buy another copy and our computers can trade back and forth. The same thing happened again, necessitating a re-install again. Fortunately, I wasn't terribly far along yet, and now the specter of poor dead Lucius and Gaius' affair with Nubia will be erased. But now I have to reinstall all the CC and start building lots and families again.



It also strikes me that I never mentioned the feudal Japanese UI text file I did, so you can grab it here. I should also probably make this blog a little more feudal Japan friendly looking, without losing too much of the ancient Rome look- I need something that makes it look aesthetically appealing whether I am telling the stories of the trials, tribulations and triumphs of the Romans or the Japanese, that may be a tough call. SimPQR was just too clever a name for a blog about Roman Sims to pass up though, and it was my wife that came up with it.



I considered starting a sister blog just for the Japanese, but this blog has covered all of my Sims2 stuff so far. I need to remember to take more pictures.

I looked at the functional warrior sword and it's terms of use seem pretty liberal, so I am wondering if anyone reading this, if anyone reads this, if we could kind of morph it into a Gladius for Gladiator combats in the Arena and/or a Katana for Samurai duels or executions. I looked at it in SimPE, but I don't understand the program well enough to know whether or not I can just substitute in another model for the sword itself; or if I need some other software to make that remotely possible.



Lastly, I'll be putting up a Viking themed UI Text soon, I am writing it for my daughter's game. But between re-installing M&G today (twice) and looking for hair for the girls, I just haven't gotten around to enough clever stuff to say about the Vikings yet. But soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment