SIM-PQR

The Home of the Mighty Sim Roman Empire.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Glory of Rome...

...and a few other places too.

I am hard at work redesigning my Roman Challenge with some raiding, trading and conquest in mind. So far I have begun work on the Provincia Romana as my main neighborhood and Terra Celtica; representing, broadly, all Celtic territories the Romans ever "visited". I am planning on adding the eternal city, Roma herself, as my Downtown and I will most likely add both Greece and Egypt as Roman provinces too, and possibly Germania as another Barbarian land.

My point here is that I will be adding self-Sims I collect (and a few Supernatural Sims too) to the various 'hoods, and I was wondering if anyone had a preference as to where they started out their Sim life. Due to the raiding and trading, you may move around a bit as captives or spouses, but cultural origins are your choices.

All that said, I am still hoping to see some more Roman and Celtic stuff pop up for the Sims2. Romans are better off than the Celts, but the stuff is older and all the newer stuff is so much better. The poor Celts have me almost inclined to find a site to download some nude skins and have them be Gaesatae-



Anyone know where you can find a severed head to carry around? I got these miniatures for Christmas too.

In other news, I am thinking of revamping my Ancient Roman UI mod, just a few tweaks, things that kind of bug me during the loading screen now when I see them, and I am planning an ancient Celtic UI mod to switch in for when I play my Celts. Yes, I am that much of a perfectionist that I want everything to set the mood. Celtic names live file may be on the way too, but I may have to play pretty fast and loose with history on that one- there aren't a lot of recorded female names for ancient Gauls or Britons, so I'll probably be forced to substitute in large numbers of early medieval Welsh names.

No comments:

Post a Comment