SIM-PQR

The Home of the Mighty Sim Roman Empire.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Now I Am Kind of Torn

Since my Sims2 game blew up on me again yesterday and I still really want to do the MCC, do I still want to go all exotic with adapting it to the Roman Empire theme? Particularly considering the lack of Roman stuff I complained about after I started it. Don't get me wrong here, it's a good challenge and I appreciate a good challenge, but it's also a lot of work and I hate making all of these poor sims and watching them poof into non-existence.

The same exact argument can be made, to a slightly lesser extent, for my Japanese neighborhood. Not a great amount of stuff themed particularly to them, although more than the poor Romans, and I get sad watching them disappear; not that this SHOULD be an issue anymore, now that I have sworn off the no-CD hack.

Now, I also get a bit of history oriented ADD from time to time, so I was also thinking of adding a Norse themed neighborhood, just because my daughter Ember has been playing Skyrim again instead of the Sims2 and I got so much cool Viking stuff for her, and I am a big fan of the Vikings.

Or maybe I could do it with medieval Scots? I am Scottish by descent after all- a Highlander actually, only the 3rd generation born in this country (the USA). Now that's what my daughter Ashleigh is doing, but she isn't doing it "right". She has a lot more anachronism and fantasy than I would, plus she's not playing a challenge. I am the only one playing challenges in the house. I guess it's the old wargamer in me.

My wife Mona calls the Sims2 her "virtual dollhouse" and there is some truth to that. She makes pretty lots, peoples them with pretty, well-dressed Sims, and then moves on to another challenge. She rarely plays any of her Sims for very long, but sometimes we can get her to make stuff for us, or at least decorate our houses.

I digress though, I think the MCC would be easiest to play if I did 12-14th century England or France. So much of the medieval content available is best suited to the high middle ages and western Europe. Some of it CAN be adapted to other times and places, and it'll fit in just fine, but a lot of it is just as out of place as the taxi dropping you off at your new house.

Scotland might be easy to do, because it's like England, only poorer and colder with some plaid thrown about for good measure. I worry about the Vikings because really all of their clothing comes down to one mesh, endlessly recolored for the men, and damned little for the ladies. Norse style build sets are pretty much non-existent and there aren't a whole lot of deco items either. Some Skyrim conversion stuff is OK, but mostly it's not really.

Lastly, when it comes to the Scots, would it kill someone who knows how to make meshes to make some realistic Highland menswear instead of the ren-faire stuff that is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment