SIM-PQR

The Home of the Mighty Sim Roman Empire.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

OK, I am go for Romans- Again

I really want to do the adaptation of the MCC to a Roman Class Challenge, where Patricians have to try and maintain their status and wealth and Plebeians have to try and rise up through the ranks and become "New Men" in the Senatorial Class.

I have some ideas for freeing slaves, so there will be a class of freedmen, and another proto-idea for a system of patronage/clientship. So, I guess that, even with all my lost in game work, I can't really see giving up on the project.

Another thing I really want to add is Gladiatorial games, probably once per week, with a real chance of death, but there is a serious lack of anything remotely Gladiatorial out there. Not even decorative items. I was hoping to have a couple of rival Gladiator schools, kind of like on Spartacus.

So I guess I'll have to rely on the mercy of others to create Sims2 Roman specific items, because they are pretty thin on the ground. There's a couple of nice Roman style shields and some swords that can pass for Roman in the Titans set made by Hriveresse over at Plumb Bob Keep, along with a ton of nice Greek stuff that is very useful and some Persian stuff that is of less utility to me.

Anyway, I'll be rebuilding the "Province" neighborhood and it's sub-hoods. I call it Province so it can be representative of anywhere in the empire.

Now, a bunch of pictures to show the kinds of stuff I am looking for either as bodyshop, deco, accessories, or usable items, courtesy of a guy who paints miniatures and some Roman re-enactors from England.

This one is from an actual Roman Mosaic of Gladiators.











These ones all came from one guys blog, fantastic work really.










These are the Gladiator pics from the re-enactors here.

No comments:

Post a Comment