SIM-PQR

The Home of the Mighty Sim Roman Empire.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Roman Stuff



I have been using a lot of really cool medieval stuff for my Roman Sims, but I just can't shake the feeling that there was more stuff for Romans in the original Sims. Even all of that stuff would not sate my need for cool Roman stuff at this point though. A lot of the Roman stuff for the Sims2 is older and not, sadly, up to the same level of quality that the medieval stuff I am substituting in is. Furthermore, there is just a general lack of certain historically accurate things, women's hairstyles, clothing for everyone, armor for both legionaries/auxiliaries and gladiators, and weapons again for both.

Then there are the neighbors of the Romans- My Sim Roman Empire is a late Republic period, so there's Gauls and Greeks and Egyptians and Numidians and Germans and a plethora of easterners including the Parthians.

Now, I have never done any real modding for the Sims2, but I am wondering if I can snag some models from other games and convert them to use for the Sims2? I have a pretty good collection of Celtic weapons and shields from Neverwinter Nights, I'd have to check the terms of use from the original modelers, but they were free to use and all, so I am hopeful.

I was also curious as to whether or not I could take items like the dueling swords and change the sword models, if it is possible to do that and if it's OK to do it. I think I'd be happier if they were Gladius's and the animations would still be fine. For that matter they'd be cool as Katanas for my feudal Japan neighborhood too.

This is all conjecture at this point, I don't know HOW to do any of this, so I am more curious as to whether or not it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment